Sunday 7 October 2012

The Perks of Being a Wallflower - 2012

I went watching the Perks of Being a Wallflower yesterday at the cinema. I know that its a book and all of my friends have read it, I wanted to read the book before I watched the film but I never got round to it. They all said that they don't miss anything for the book out.

The Perks of Being a Wallflower is a drama/romantic film. It doesn't really fit into a specific genre to be honest. Its about a boy called Charlie and him starting high school after being in hospital. He meets Sam and Patrick and the film kicks of from there. Sam is played by Emma Watson and Patrick is played by Ezra Miller. I though Emma Watson did a pretty good job in this film and I stopped thinking of her as Hermione Granger, and I cant say I've stopped thinking of Daniel Radcliffe as Harry Potter after seeing him in other films, so to me that means she's doing a good job. I don't know why she tried to put on an American accent, they could have just made her English for the film, because her accent was pretty awful. I though Ezra Miller was absolutely gorgeous and Patrick was definitely my favourite character. Even though he was loud and funny he showed a really emotional side and he's an amazing actor and hilarious. 

One of the best things about the film was the music, the Smiths, the Beatles, smashing pumpkins, genesis, U2, Nirvana, Pink Floyd, the list goes on. One of the main songs in the film was David Bowie - Heroes, which is such a great song that I've had on my iPod for ages. 

The film was really emotional. I spent about two thirds of the film crying my eyes out. Which is saying something as I normally try and control my tears at the cinema. I don't want to give away the story, but its sad and happy all at the same time, there's just so many emotions in it. You get so attached to the characters and it seems so real that it makes you feel really emotional. 

I wouldn't say it had a happy ending as Charlie's alone when everyone left senior year, but in a way it is happy. The end song when they where in the tunnel was such an amazing scene. I just want to watch the film all over again! I'd recommend anyone to watch it, no matter what kind of films you're into. Its definitely my new favourite film.

Thanks for reading :) x

No comments:

Post a Comment