Saturday 25 August 2012

Matt Tucks new Side Project 'AxeWound'.

Matt Tucks new Side Project AxeWound are set to release an their debut album 'Vultures'.

When I first heard that Matt Tuck was forming another band as a side project with Liam Cormier of Cancer Bats and members Glamour of the Kill, Rise to Remain and Pitchshifter I thought I'd give them a listen. I used to be a massive BFMV fan I really like Rise to Remain. AxeWound released there first single of the album 'Post Apocalyptic Party' in May and their second single 'Cold' at the end of May. I have only listened to them both recently when I saw an article with Matt Tuck talking about AxeWound so I thought I'd say what i think of them.

I thought that the first 30 seconds of 'Post Apocalyptic Party' was amazing and I started to think that maybe this 'supergroup' can live up to there expectations. But, as soon as the vocals started I changed my mind slightly. I do like heavy music but I think that the vocals on the particular track seem to clash with the amazing music that's going on in the background and spoil it slightly, I'd rather just listen to the track without any vocals, not because I don't like Liam Cormier's voice, but because the guitars and drums are so amazing that it puts his voice into shame. But then again, there is no denying that this is definitely a supergroup. About half way through the song the vocals go more softer and I think that it improves the song overall. I'd say that it was still a pretty good song, I just expected more from them.

I actually quite like 'Cold' to be honest. I don't really listen to that much heavy music anymore but I thought it stood out quite a lot from other metal music. I think the drums in this particular song are amazing! But I think that the lyrics are a bit simple and boring and typical 'metal', but then again, that's something that Matt Tuck wanted AxeWound to include. Matt and Liam both did an equal amount of the vocals for this track with improved it because it wasn't screamo all the way through. I liked this song much more than 'Post Apocalyptic Party' and I hope that the rest of their songs are more like 'Cold'.  You can listen to both the tracks on You Tube now.

They are set to release there debut album in October 2012, and its going to include a track with Synyster Gates from Avenged Sevenfold who is an absolutely brilliant guitarist, so I can't wait for that. I'm not sure if I'm that keen on AxeWound yet, when there new album is released I'll probably give them another listen.

Anyway, thanks for reading:)x

No comments:

Post a Comment